Safety Culture Maturity® Model
The Keil Centre developed the Safety Culture Maturity® Model (SCM®M) to measure and facilitate discussion about safety culture. This enables a business to identify specific actions to improve its safety culture.
Who's it for?
SCM®M assessments involve workshops that engage staff at all levels in the business.
They are useful to operational, safety and HR managers who want help with:
- assessing the safety culture of their organisation, site or department
- assessing change in safety culture over time
- reviewing employee perceptions, as part of larger safety improvement projects
- selecting or assessing the effectiveness of a behavioural safety programme
- supporting management development
The SCM®M was developed as part of a project sponsored by the UK offshore oil industry and the Health and Safety Executive. The model has won several awards and has been used successfully in many countries and sectors. Companies have found the SCM®M particularly useful as it:
- combines a solid theoretical framework with a simple, user-friendly assessment tool
- emphasises the importance of employee involvement in assessing and improving safety culture
- allows a simple understanding of the current level of Safety Culture Maturity®
- includes qualitative data which allows insight into why the safety culture is at the level it is
- provides a practical illustration of what developing safety culture involves
Find out more
Our team are happy to provide more information. Please click on the relevant button below to contact us.