Human Factors in Design & Ergonomics
Human performance is directly influenced by design, whether it is a surgeon’s tool, an aircraft cockpit or a gas processing plant. We are experts at helping our clients to develop products and systems that are safe and easy to use.
Who's it for?
We support projects at all stages of design from initial concept to in-service modifications.
We work with clients across all industries. We also work with a range of professionals, including engineers, project managers, designers, and health and safety professionals.
Our experts have detailed knowledge of human factors standards and legislation across various industries and applications. We use recognised scientific techniques to drive and justify design decisions.
This enables you to achieve:
- safer design by reducing potential errors or injuries
- more efficient operations and maintenance
- fewer design changes and costs
- reduced ongoing costs
- more end user acceptance of the new design
Find out more
Our team are happy to provide more information. Please click on the relevant button below to contact us.
Poor design is expensive – not just in terms of financial cost, but human cost too. Injuries, asset damage and inefficiencies are hidden costs that can easily be avoided by applying a user-centred design process.The Keil Centre often works within a multi-disciplinary team and has partnering arrangements with architectural, product design and engineering firms. Our expert team:
- uses recognised analysis techniques to understand the end users’ needs
- combines these with relevant standards to outline the design requirement
- supports new design/ upgrades by considering different options and design trade-offs
- performs additional calculations and develops drawings to communicate design concepts
- performs expert reviews of new and existing design
- tests the design with end users until the optimal solution is identified