Developing Internal Human Factors Capability
We provide training and development to increase understanding and capability in applying human factors. This includes structured training courses, coaching, supervision and competence assessment.
Who's it for?
Different courses are designed for:
- health, safety and environment managers and advisors
- occupational health professionals
- incident investigators
- supervisors, managers and leaders
- engineers and operators
- in-house human factors advisors
Although we have standard courses and techniques, they are tailored for each client. New courses can also be developed.
Our courses are:
- tailored to issues relevant to your industry/ organisation
- a mix of training methods and media
- balanced towards practical application
- supported by real and relevant case studies
- engaging and active
Coaching, supervision and competence assessment give you confidence in the skills being developed. They can be combined with consultancy support.
Find out more
Our team are happy to provide more information. Please click on the relevant button below to contact us.
We provide training and development for improving internal capability in applying human factors. Our support will enable you to do your own assessments, improve performance or handle situations more effectively. These programmes work well in conjunction with broader awareness training, professional development or alongside consultancy support.Our expert team has a broad range of expertise in human factors and business psychology, but also has several specialisms. This means that we can provide human factors training to suit your specific needs. The most commonly requested programmes are:
- Human Factors Analysis Tools (HFAT®) for human factors in incident investigation (including optional cognitive interviewing skills)
- Developing effective procedures
- Human reliability assessment, which can include safety critical task screening
- Gap analysis training for safety behavioural frameworks (safety culture)
- Ergonomics essentials - a 5-day course in ergonomics and independently examined by the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS)
- Human factors for engineers, which can be general or specific to engineering disciplines, such as HMI design, plant design, control room design, or human factors integration management
- Human performance tools for applying safe behaviours at work, including positive safety communications
- Safety leadership
- Leadership and team development and coaching
- Wellbeing and resilience, including training for managers, team resilience and personal resilience