Online coaching: here to stay?
February 24, 2023
- My coach’s approach was pitched just right - she spent time to properly understand my context and circumstances and tailored her support precisely as a result. It has been the most effective and impactful support I have ever received in a work context.
- Excellent and helped me understand my thinking and reaction to everything. Very understanding and supportive.
- The attention to detail and empathy is extremely high. Able to build trust and understanding at pace is exceptional.
- 80% felt online coaching was easier to schedule / fit into their working day
- 67% felt this offered then more flexibility in terms of their / their coach’s availability
- Most of the coachees felt that coaching online made the relationship building harder at the start of the coaching programme; though many of them felt this was an issue more for the coach than for them.
- Nearly 50% of coachees also felt aware and potentially distracted by seeing themselves on screen during the conversation. There is some research that suggests that this can lead to increased fatigue and also to reduced openness in a coaching session.
- Some coachees felt that having time to return to their office after attending coaching helped them to process what was discussed better. ‘Flipping’ from an online coaching meeting to another call felt more pressured.