'Ergonomics Essentials’ is a comprehensive 5-day training course intended for a variety of health and safety related professions. The course is aimed at enabling delegates to optimise the application of ergonomics within their organisations, but it also enables the delegate to take the optional British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) module examination (W506), which leads to a module certificate from BOHS.
Our consultants are able to bring their extensive knowledge to the training course to make it practical, applied and relevant to real working situations. Our consultants have successfully guided several hundred delegates through the ‘Ergonomics Essentials’ course over the last 15 years. Our pass rate is currently 100% and we have excellent feedback from previous delegates.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- understand and apply ergonomics principles for the creation of a safer, healthier and more efficient workplace;
- undertake ergonomic risk assessments;
- identify appropriate risk reduction measures to reduce ergonomic risks;
- understand the causes of musculoskeletal disorders, and know how to prevent them;
- apply ergonomics principles to the design of workplace layout and design or selection of equipment;
- appreciate environmental aspects of good ergonomic design
The course is suitable for anyone who would like to develop a practical understanding of how ergonomics can be applied within their organisation, including managers, health & safety advisors, occupational health professionals, engineers, physiotherapists and other related professions. No previous experience of ergonomics is required for attendance on the course.