What is Safety Leadership Development?
Leadership behaviours are not performed only by those in a management role - personnel at all levels of the organisation can perform these behaviours as part of their everyday jobs.
The Keil Centre supports organisations in developing safety leadership behaviours across all levels of the organisation. Examples of different approaches that we have taken to achieve this include:
- Using safety scenarios to generate discussion and support understanding of the impact of leadership decisions on safety
- Facilitation of 360 degree feedback for supervisor and manager groups to develop an understanding of how colleagues perceive their personal safety behaviours, and generate actions to improve their performance
- Development of ‘Supervisor Shift Tools’ to encourage personal responsibility towards safety and the application of positive safety behaviours at work
- Development of Manager or Executive Tools to develop trust and greater understanding of safety issues at a site or operation level
- Facilitation of Leadership Development courses on specific topics, such as communication, human factors and mindfulness
Who is it for?
Safety leadership can be developed at any level of the organisation. However many of our approaches are aimed at those that have responsibility for others, such as executives, managers and supervisors.
Benefits of this approach
Key benefits of developing Safety Leadership within an organisation include:
- Defining behaviours that build trust between leaders and the workforce so that they can be practised more often
- Developing a greater understanding of the impact of personal safety behaviours on others
- Developing action plans and tools that are used to drive and support safety leadership behaviours
- Increasing visibility of positive safety behaviours and engagement in safety
- Increasing awareness of the impact of leadership decisions on safety outcomes
Find out more
To find out more about Safety Leadership Development and how it may be beneficial to your organisation, please telephone our Edinburgh office on +44(0)131 229 6140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our consultants will be in touch as soon as possible.