What is it?
Procedures can often be poorly-written, poorly-presented, or fail to follow a logical format, and are often acknowledged as contributory factors in incidents. The Keil Centre provides organisations with the opportunity to confidentially have a sample of their operations, maintenance or emergency procedures reviewed, evaluated and re-written, if required, by one of our human factors experts.
The identified procedure is:
- Reviewed using human factors principles based on best practice, research and guidance produced by the UK Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Evaluated using a transparent, structured approach and set of design principles which will highlight any shortfalls
The procedure can then be re-written to ensure it:
- Is accurate
- Is well written, both in format and presentation
- Is usable
- Follows an identified structure in accordance with HSG48
Who is it for?
This service will benefit anyone who is responsible for producing procedures within their organisation and anyone who is responsible for quality assurance and compliance.
A review by The Keil Centre will identify areas within an organisation’s procedures which require improvements.
This can lead to:
- Improved usability of procedures
- Reduction in potential for human error during operations
Organisations can then use the re-written procedure, along with the results of the evaluation tool, to appraise their procedure development system and determine any actions required. This may be in the form of training or further guidance, both of which The Keil Centre are able to assist with.
Find out more
To find out more about our Procedure Evaluation services and how they may be applied within your organisation, please telephone our Edinburgh office on +44(0)131 229 6140 or email email@example.com. One of our consultants will be in touch as soon as possible.