Most incidents involve some form of human failure. Yet many organisations lack the expertise or confidence to thoroughly address the non-technical causes of incidents. Our team of human factors specialists, who train others in our award-winning Human Factors Analysis Tools (HFAT®), includes senior Psychologists and Ergonomists, a former police detective, and a former senior UK government specialist human factors inspector and investigator.
The Keil Centre can provide support and coaching for internal company investigation teams, which may involve any of the following services:
- Guiding and coaching the team on how to investigate the human factors aspects of an incident
- Formulating interview questions, conducting interviews, and analysing the results
- Facilitating incident analysis using our Human Factors Analysis Tools (HFAT®)
- Assisting with the formulation of effective recommendations
- Writing or co-authoring the final investigation report
We also undertake independent reviews of completed investigations to identify additional human factors learning, or examine a series of repeat incidents to understand common behavioural causes.
Our customers tell us that having an expert external member of the investigation team provides assurance that nothing has been missed, and that the highest standards of analysis and interpretation have been applied.
Find out more
To find out more about the support we provide for Incident Investigation and how it may be beneficial to you or your organisation, please telephone our Edinburgh office on +44(0)131 229 6140 or email email@example.com. One of our consultants will be in touch as soon as possible.