The Keil Centre's Psychologists have considerable experience in the design and implementation of Assessment Centres across different industry sectors. Assessment Centres are widely acknowledged to be the most reliable and valid method of identifying suitability for selection or promotion. They are designed to evaluate individuals’ capabilities and potential, by observing their performance in simulations that replicate the key issues, problems and interactions that are encountered in the actual job itself. Trained observers evaluate performance in order that judgements can be made regarding the match between competency and critical job requirements. We collaborate with our clients to ensure that the key competencies are measured accurately and objectively and that the whole process is viewed by all parties to be fair and relevant.
The aim of a Development Centre is to provide participants with a sharpened awareness of their strengths, potential and development needs. They address the future key challenges and opportunities facing the organisation. Structured interviews with key personnel enable us to construct or select realistic simulations that provide participants with a preview of the major issues and responsibilities that each will have to tackle successfully in a new or changing role.
As with Assessment Centres, they rely upon a multi-method approach with activities and simulations that are designed or modified in collaboration with our clients. These include:
- Job simulations such as group discussions, fact-finding and in-tray exercises
- 360º feedback instruments providing peer, subordinate and line management review
- Psychometric instruments such as Personality Questionnaires and Aptitude Tests
- Competency-based interviews
- On-Centre Development Workshops such as ‘Giving and Receiving Feedback’, ‘Development Planning’ and ‘Identifying Learning Styles’
Comprehensive feedback is the critical element of a Development Centre. Not only can participants expect a thorough discussion of their performance on each exercise, but also a detailed report that highlights their strengths and development priorities. They can also receive a Personal Development Resource Pack that provides a comprehensive range of practical information, suggested action steps and activities to assist development. This will help them to construct a meaningful Personal Development Plan.
Development Centres enable organisations to:
- Gain an insight into future management potential and develop the readiness of people to succeed in new roles
- Test the validity of current assumptions regarding key personnel
- Foster and communicate a culture of continuous learning
Find out more
To find out more about Assessment and Development Centres and how they may be beneficial your organisation, please telephone our Edinburgh office on +44(0)131 229 6140 or email email@example.com. One of our consultants will be in touch as soon as possible.