Established in 1983, The Keil Centre is a privately-owned consultancy of Chartered Psychologists, Ergonomists and Clinical & Counselling Psychologists, with a Head Office in central Edinburgh and a branch in Australia. We work with household name clients across the world in both the public and private sector. We pride ourselves in the high standards of our work, our professional integrity, and our ability to work collaboratively with our clients. We were the first business in Scotland to be recognised at Platinum level by Investors in People, emphasising the friendly, fun, nurturing and inclusive nature of our culture. We continue to enjoy steady growth and a strong demand for our products and services. These include:
- HF in Product Design and Systems Engineering
- Control Room Design and Engineering
- Human Performance and Human Reliability Analysis
- HF in Incident Investigation
- Safety Culture and Behaviour
- Leadership Development and Coaching
- Skills and Competence
- Business Psychology & Wellness
If you are interested in joining us, we have the following roles available:
Business Administrator (part-time – 2.5 to 3.0 days per week flexible)
Edinburgh-based, Salary £28 – 31k basic (FTE), discretionary bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare, 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays (pro-rated).
Working as Business Administrator for The Keil Centre, you will hold a key role within the organisation. Your primary function will be that of PA to the Board of Directors, whilst overseeing the smooth day-to-day running of the business.
This is a permanent, part-time role based in our office in central Edinburgh. The time requirement is estimated to be between 2.5 and 3 days per week, but with some flexibility over the precise working hours.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Chairing monthly Board meetings, taking minutes, and tracking progress against actions;
- Carrying out business actions or research on behalf of the Board;
- Reporting to the Board on the financial status of the company, working alongside the Financial Controller to prepare monthly management accounts and annual budgets;
- Fulfilling Company Secretary duties, including submission of statutory filings with Companies House and relevant records for our Australian branch, management of shareholder records, maintaining business insurances and the staff pensions;
- Preparing annual summaries of business data to establish trends in performance and areas for improvement, and providing advice to the Board on appropriate solutions to meet business needs;
- Coordination of internal HR processes, including the full recruitment and inductions, and maintenance of confidential filing systems;
- Liaison with the property factors and overseeing matters relating to buildings management;
- Central coordination of marketing activities for the company, including management of core templates and providing support to specific teams in their development of promotional materials. Upcoming activities which will require oversight and support include a company rebrand and the development of a new website.
This position is for an experienced administrator who can act as a central hub for the company. The successful candidate is likely to possess most of the following attributes:
- Experience across a broad range of business functions, including finance, human resources and marketing;
- Experience of high-level administration management, ideally including financial management;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Confident in assimilating multiple data sources, including written and numerical information;
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with colleagues across the business, clients, suppliers and other professional service providers, such as auditors, lawyers and financial institutions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, including use of own judgement in making decisions in the absence of Directors;
- Ability to turn their hand to whatever the Board requires and adaptable in response to changing business needs.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com – by Monday 6th September September 2021.
If you have any questions about the position, please phone the office on 0131 221 8262 and speak to Stella Korosi.