Business Administration Manager (part-time: 3 days per week)
Edinburgh-based, Salary £28 – 31k basic (FTE), discretionary bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare, 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays (pro-rated)
Working as Business Administration Manager for The Keil Centre, you will hold a key role within the organisation. Your primary function will be to support the Board of Directors, whilst overseeing the smooth day-to-day running of the business. This is a permanent, part-time role based in our office in central Edinburgh. The time requirement is estimated to be 3 days (21 hours) per week, with some flexibility over the precise working hours. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Chairing monthly Board meetings, taking minutes, and tracking progress against actions;
- Carrying out business actions or research on behalf of the Board;
- Reporting to the Board on the financial status of the company, working alongside the Financial Controller to prepare monthly management accounts and annual budgets;
- Fulfilling Company Secretary duties, including submission of statutory filings with Companies House and relevant records for the Australian branch, management of shareholder records, maintaining business insurances and the staff pension plan;
- Preparing annual summaries of business data to establish trends in performance and areas for improvement, and providing advice to the Board on appropriate solutions to meet business needs; - Coordination of internal HR processes, including the full recruitment and induction processes, and maintenance of confidential filing systems;
- Central coordination of marketing activities for the company, including management of core templates and providing support to specific teams in their development of promotional materials. Upcoming activities which will require oversight and support include a company rebrand and the development of a new website.
This position is for an experienced administrator who can act as a central hub for the company. The successful candidate is likely to possess most of the following attributes:
- Experience of high-level administration management;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Confident in assimilating multiple data sources, including written and numerical information;
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with colleagues across the business, clients, suppliers and other professional service providers, such as auditors, lawyers and financial institutions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, including use of own judgement in making decisions in the absence of Directors;
- Ability to turn their hand to whatever the Board requires and adaptable in response to changing business needs.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Joanne Hellen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to our Edinburgh office to attend a full interview and assessment process, which is likely to be scheduled during week commencing 8th April. If you have any questions about the position, you can phone the office on 0131 229 6140 and speak to Joanne Hellen.